“Let food be thy medicine and let medicine by thy food.” —Hippocrates
Did you know that Hippocrates himself used to treat digestive discomfort and wounds with vinegar. Now Two-and-a-half millenia later, celebrities and health gurus are using this ancient practice into their daily routines. WHY?
We hear a lot of claims about what a shot of ACV mixed with water can do for you, but here’s what scientific research confirms about this morning tonic.
So what are some of the benefits of this now known superfood?
- Lose Weight-Apple cider vinegar speeds up metabolism and promotes weight loss. When mixed with water and taken before every meal, the acetic acid increases metabolism, reduces water retention, and suppresses appetite.
- Lower Cholesterol-A small study found that drinking apple cider vinegar improved cholesterol, HDL, and LDL cholesterol levels over eight weeks. A healthy diet with the addition of ACV may help
- Wrinkled Skin and Acne-Apple cider vinegar contains higher levels of polyphenols, compounds that help clear out harmful cells in the body. Specifically, gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, and chlorogenic acid are found in higher levels in apple cider vinegar. Consuming a tablespoon of diluted ACV in the morning will help with hydration. It’ll also help clear out harmful cells that can damage your skin.
- Gut Health-Apple cider vinegar is high in acetic acid, one of the most potent natural antimicrobial compounds that’s not dangerous to human health. Antimicrobial compounds kill off pathogenic bacteria, so drinking one tablespoon of ACV in the morning diluted in water can help support the health of your gut microbiome. You can also use diluted ACV to wash your produce.
The benefits can go on and on….
Some Things To Know Before Buying…
- Not all apple cider vinegars are created equal. Look for an organic and raw vinegar that contains the mother. (It should look cloudy, not clear.) Pasteurized or otherwise processed varieties kill off the good bacteria in the process, rendering less benefits to your body.
- Your teeth– study found that apple cider vinegar can lead to enamel erosion over time. So make sure you rinse your mouth thoroughly or if drinking a tonic use a straw.
- if you suffer from acid reflux, Make sure you don’t have any stomach/peptic ulcers first. ACV may exacerbate symptoms. However, most people with acid reflux report a benefit from it because typically acid reflux is due to lack of stomach acids…I know that sound weird right.
- IT BURNS– Make sure you dilute it!! add ½ teaspoon to at least four ounces of water.
Want To Learn Even More Benefits And How You Can Use ACV?
Plus Get Recipes and an E-Book 🙂
click The Button Below